Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tesla: Introducing the Tesla Forum



Hello again everyone! Last time, we continued discussion regarding the candidate mechanics for Tesla. This discussion was held in the comments section of the previous week's article, Our Refinery, where we introduced the candidate mechanics in question. This week, I'd like to introduce the Tesla Project forum and continue our discussion of Tesla's mechanics (which has been going very well) over at the forum.

First, allow me to explain why I've created this micro-forum.

Over my time on the project, it's become pretty clear that the comments section, though serviceable, wasn't quite the best. The pages get really tough to navigate, replying to individual points is tricky, and having multiple discussions on the page, let alone in a single thread, was hard to track. (Especially since after 200 posts, you have to go to the very bottom of the page and click 'show more', which isn't very intuitive or obvious.)

For this reason, I've made a small bare-bones forum for us to use to discuss the mechanics and Tesla as a whole. Click here to check it out! As Tesla continues, the exact structure of the forum will change to accommodate our needs - for example, we'll soon be designing Tesla as a whole rather than its individual mechanics, so the 'Current Topic' section will change its board from Mechanics to, for example, Draft Archetypes and Set Skeleton.

I hope you guys enjoy this change, and that the change works well. Feel free to send me any feedback about it through my email, PMing me at the forum, or in the comments, and let me know what you think of the change. If this isn't satisfactory for you, I'd love to hear suggestions for alternative areas for discussion.

Now, onto this week's goals: I'd really like us to each begin designing as many example commons for the mechanics as possible. What do you think the mechanic should be doing at common? What interesting ideas do you have for the mechanic at common? And so on. If we all work together on this we can have a solid and varied body of example commons ready for playtesting! In addition, be sure to chime in on every mechanic. Even if you don't have a groundbreaking insight or exhaustive critique, a simple "I like this mechanic" or "I don't like this mechanic" is very helpful! Thank you.

Next week, we'll be discussing designing example commons and playtesting them. Until next time, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment