Tuesday, April 30, 2019

CCDD 043019 - Llanowar and Storm Fleet Spellbooks

So back when I was doing by birthday cards, Juliet challenged me to make a spellbook equipment. This is what I came up with:





I really liked the flexibility of using the PW frame to break up more-complex-than-charms abilities a little bit, and liked the possibilities of crafting faction-based spellbooks.



I could probably do a little more work on this to make it more coherent, but you can see the possibilities here for this template. If the graphic designers were to make a unique template (like Sagas) with the four lines (or however many makes sense) I think it would be a nice looking spellbook idea. It might need a subtype to justify a frame different from standard equipment, but maybe not.


The first stab at Juliet's challenge, before I remembered she specified an Equipment, was this. Go look for a mana elf without calling it a mana elf. I prefer the equipment version.

1 comment:

  1. The 'Walkers Guide to the Universe {3}
    Artifact—Tool (rare)
    Equip planeswalker {3}
    Equipped planeswalker has the following abilities:
    +2: Target creature gains flying until EOT.
    -2: Switch a card in your hand with one you own from outside the game.

    ReplyDelete